Thursday, August 14, 2008

Missing My Wheatgrass

I haven't had any wheatgrass juice in almost a week now and I am really missing it! I discovered that I can't do the outside wheatgrass thing, that I need to stick to growing it inside for now. Growing it inside, it grows faster, you don't have to worry about bugs and birds being attracted to it and you don't have to deal with mold. Right now I have some more wheatgrass growing that looks quite at home in front of the dining room window and it's already almost ready to harvest! Why isn't it in the kitchen window you ask? Well, this house has an add on. So when you're at the kitchen sink and look up, you're looking through the bar area (which was probably a window in its past life) to the den which is the add on. So no sunny kitchen garden for me! I'm not complaining though, this house still rocks.

So below is a shot of how I drink my wheatgrass juice:

Nope, it's not pure wheatgrass juice (do you think I'm crazy?) but more like a watered down ginger flavored version to make it easy to drink. I've been blending (and straining) my wheatgrass concoction in the blender lately and let me tell you, seeing and feeling the left over fiber all ground up really lets you see why that stuff is indigestible to us humans!

I notice a huge difference in the way I look and feel when I'm consuming wheatgrass juice. Soon my precious!

4 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Brian Baine said...

    I actually want to try some next time I'm home. Love you.

  2. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Great! I'll look up some more juice combos for it and see if I find one that you may like, you may like the ginger one though. Love you!

  3. Anonymous said...

    You guys are so cute!!

    So are you saying you do not use a juicer or you blend and then strain? I am a bit confused about your post.

  4. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Sherry, when I want to make a wheatgrass juice concoction I don't use the juicer because softer things like soft apples occasionally seem to get mushy inside the tunnel and not juiced properly (in the manual Healthy Juicer). It just gets stopped up and very messy just making more and more mush. When I just want to do a small pure wheatgrass shot I use the juicer though since I'm only putting grass in it.

    When making a large drink with wheatgrass, I put a load of wheatgrass in the blender along with water and whatever veggies or fruit, blend it up and strain with a nutmilk bag.

    It's just easier for me this way and easier clean up instead of using the Healthy Juicer for wheatgrass and then pulling out my Breville juicer for the apples and stuff. Could be just preference too.

    Wish I had one of those Omega juicers!