Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Better (and Fun) Second Day

Gavin was quick to get off the school bus today - he didn't fall asleep! Now that's how I like it! The bus driver praised him and so did I and he came home very excited about school. All seems well now. Good thing, because I was starting to think that rainbow from yesterday morning was lying to me!

He and I started playing Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock yesterday (first day of school gift). We played some more today and OMG, that game rocks (literally huh?)! Brian and I ordered another guitar with a game bundle so we could play against Gavin and because the Guitar Hero games from GameFly weren't available so we decided to just buy one.


I cannot stress enough how fun this game is! I don't even listen to rock music all that much but I find myself really feeling the music while I'm playing - too funny! And it's so cute how Gavin gets into the music as well, trying to make sure he hits each note on time. He's excited about getting a real guitar some day.

Seems like the song "Slow Ride" is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the night, it's echoing in my head as a type!

5 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Liz said...

    Oh, I can't wait to get Guitar Hero 3! Sounds like it's pretty awesome! I'm addicted to Guitar Hero & Rockband

  2. Anonymous said...

    Ohh Fun for Gavin! Glad he and you had a better day with the bus.

    Slow ride stuck in your head..ARGH! I am so tired of that song from guitar hero..

  3. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Sherry, it's in my head today too.

    Liz, Rockband looks really cool! I think Guitar Hero is coming out with it's version of it or at least with a drumset. I would like to try Rockband but then we'd have to buy more stuff LOL.

  4. Anonymous said...

    I love that game. My husband and I have rockband, the one with the drums and the mike and we had a little band back in Germany. I listen to rock all that much either but I rock out some of those songs. And that is a really good treat to come home after a good day at school and rock out a little with your Mom; to precious.

  5. ~amber~ said...

    We have it and we love it! Hubby actually bought a playstation earlier this year just for that game, LOL. I have already beat it on easy and am working on the next level. :)
    My kids can't quite get the hang of it for some reason. Hubby hopes they come out with a country version.