Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ethical vs. Dietary Vegans

An ethical vegan I am not, though the phrase of it kind of stings in that I think I am very ethical! But my beliefs restrict me from being called one of the ethical kind.

Let us go through the reasons why I cannot be called an "ethical vegan".

  1. I love feathers and see nothing wrong with using them if the birds are not harmed by a feather being found just lying on the ground. Awhile back I needed a feather for a spell and asked Goddess to give me one and the next day a duck left a feather for me right in front of my sliding glass door. I guess the duck doesn't want me to be ethical, eh?
  2. I see nothing wrong with using wool if the animals are taken care of and happy. Likewise, I see nothing wrong with taking an already dead animal's fur for clothing. But I would not kill an animal to take its fur, this to me is insane. There are lots of symbiotic relationships between different species in nature and aren't we humans a part of nature as well? As long as the symbiotic relationship is beneficial to all (both human and animal), I see nothing wrong.
  3. This last reason may be the kicker in why I am not considered an ethical vegan: I will not ignore my above reasons in order to be a supposedly better example and/or having a supposedly easier strategy to convince and prevent others not to harm animals. Doing that would prevent me from being true to myself.

I love the Earth, I absolutely ADORE the Earth and all of her intricacies of life she carries but I fully believe that my beliefs are more than okay in being a great example that we should treat animals as we want to be treated and that my beliefs and actions attract good karma.

1 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    I agree you should not change who YOU are for other peoples version of "ethics".