Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of First Grade - Bus Incident!

The day started out great. Right when I opened the door to walk with my son to the edge of our driveway to wait for the school bus, we were greeted with this lovely rainbow.

What a nice thing to see right when I opened my door!

And here are some "First Day of School Photos".

Wanting to battle!

Looking a little lost.

For Daddy. You like?

Ready for school!

So Gavin caught the bus and was on his way to 1st grade! Mission: Accomplished! I get a nap in since I really didn't get much sleep the night before being so anxious about my son starting a new grade in a new school and making sure I had everything ready that he needed. After the nap, I head back to the grocery store to pick up a few things I had forgot on my recent trip there.

The time comes to wait for my son to be dropped off from school. The bus pulls up, and the bus driver opens the door and calls out my son's name. Nothing... she calls it again... nothing... the other kids call his name... nothing. Then it seemed like everyone was calling his name!!!

A little girl in the front seat pops her head out at me from out of nowhere and says, "He's not on this bus." And she says this all creepy-like! Like she was telling me news I did not want to hear and she knew this. Something told me to just ignore this strange young (demented) soul - I had to concentrate of figuring out why my son was not coming off the bus!

So it took awhile but Gavin finally WOKE UP! Yes, he was asleep!

Walking back to the house, I had asked, "Are you sure you can handle the bus? You fell asleep." Of course, he said 'yes'. We'll see about tomorrow!

Despite the bus incident, he says he had a great day! Falling asleep on the bus didn't seem like a big deal to him so I had to remind him that it wasn't okay. He did have a tough night last night though complaining of a stuffy nose so hopefully tomorrow he'll be more rested.

2 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    OMG!! That totally would of been freaky. First where is Gavin and two creepy little girl. Tell Gavin to watch out for the creepy little girl and to sit up front next to the window where you can see him from where you are standing! Poor Gavin. He will do better tomorrow!

  2. Liz said...

    Gavin looks adorable! Wow, that little girl on the bus does sound rather creepy! I remember being Gavin's age and sitting next to a girl on the bus who ate a fly. lol!
    If that little girl on Gavin's bus eats a fly, please tell him to run!