Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Time Seeing One!

While talking to my son earlier today, I was distracted by a bright yellow and black color in the backyard. I hurried and ran to get my camera, warning my son not to scare it away before I could get some snaps of it. It was a beautiful American Goldfinch! And yes, I had to look up the name! It was tearing up a clump of dandelion weeds like no one's business. Here's the best shot that I took. I had to take the photos through 2 glass doors, so don't expect much!

click photo to enlarge

And here is a shortened video clip that I managed to take, any longer and you'd probably fall asleep:



Nice looking colorful bird though wouldn't you say?

4 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Brian Baine said...

    Thats not bad at all to have been taken through those 2 back doors.

  2. Anonymous said...

    That is really impressive considering there were 2 glass doors.

    YAY for Gavin for not scaring it away.. Good little listener. Maybe he should give my kids some lessons!

  3. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Thanks!!

  4. ~amber~ said...

    Very pretty! I love birds!

    I agree, good picture to be taken through two doors.