Wednesday, November 5, 2008

White Java Finches

My java finches came today! They are so pretty! I absolutely adore their beaks, it has got to be the main factor on why I like them (other than their birdsong of course!). I have a male and female couple. Only the male of the species actually sings a tune though the female does make a noise. My male was already singing a bit after he got use to being in his new surroundings, which I was extremely happy about. I have new and more natural branch perches coming soon to replace the ugly bulky perches that came with the cage. That'll really add a more natural look to the cage and better suit the birds.


Female on left, male on right.

Female.

Male.

Gavin is excited about having pet birds. He wanted to stay up later to be with them. I told him he could get ready for school near them in the morning and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "They'll see me naked!"

Anyhow, I still need to name them. I usually name animals Asian names and words, so more than likely I'll go that route.

6 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Those are so awesome! Can't wait to hear their names.

  2. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Thanks, Jaspenelle! If I wasn't so hooked on Asian names, I would steal your name for the female! I love your name.

  3. ... said...

    Those are beautiful little birdies! I just got a kitten. I shall post pics when I can. I think I shall dub her "Athena"... It just fits! ;)

  4. Anonymous said...

    Beautiful!

  5. Anonymous said...

    Very cute birdies!

    -Liz

  6. Anonymous said...

    wow ganda......so beatiful