Thursday, November 13, 2008

Green Soul Challenge - Day 1

So I actually started yesterday, making sure I ate lots of leafy greens but I'm counting today as the starting point hoping my friend Sherry also started today. I had a nice salad of mixed greens - baby romaine, baby spinach, tango and a few leaves of radicchio. I don't really care too much for the purple leaves, they are awfully bitter to me, but when it's just a few leaves of it in the salad, it isn't bad at all and actually gives a nice contrast in taste.

The creamy salad dressing I make is really good (saving the recipe for my book). I love that my son loves it as well, he specifically asks for it whenever he has salad. Instead of water as the base, I use coconut water (along with nuts), it doesn't have a coconut taste whatsoever for those that are wary in using it. Coconut water is highly refreshing with loads of electrolytes. I swear I get a zing from it! I can feel its energy. Coconut water is awesome!

So yep, I had my green for the day! Yay!

I currently have some cucumber and lemon water marinating for tomorrow. I'll be sipping on that throughout the day. I meant to make it earlier today but totally forgot!

2 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Unknown said...

    Congrats on the starting of your 30 day green challenge. :)

    Cucumber and lemon water sounds sort of odd, yet yummy.

  2. Anonymous said...

    Ok my bad did not get it done yesterday but going to today. I got lots of leafy greens. Plan on having a salad and still going to make a smoothie as soon as I can get a moment to do it. So sorry I did not start on Thursday but I am starting today.