Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My 30 Day Green Soul Challenge

I am inviting anyone who wants to join to a 30 Day Green Soul Challenge.

What does this challenge entail?

The daily consumption of raw chlorophyll-rich foods - at least one meal having lots of good chlorophyll. The easiest and best way in my opinion are raw Green Smoothies - fruit smoothies with added leafy greens in them. This blended form allows for better absorption thus more nutrition.

I will eat salads as well some days and count that towards the "daily green". The salads must consist of dark leafy greens and no, iceberg does not count. You can eat iceberg salads of course, but it does not count towards this challenge. What we are aiming for here are the lovely dark greens, such as spinach, kale, swiss chard and collards. These have a higher content of chlorophyll and nutrition all around.

Also counting towards this challenge are supplements like adding spirulina to raw juices and wheatgrass of course is included. Let me know if I should add anything else to the list.

The benefits of "green sunshine" are enormous and foolish to ignore. Chlorophyll is chemically similar in composition to that of human blood, except that the central atom in chlorophyll is magnesium, while iron is central in human blood. This, and the fact that chlorophyll is central in plant metabolism, had prompted scientists to find out if chlorophyll can offer similar benefits to humans.

Overall, chlorophyll has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties but here are some details of the benefits:

• It has been seen to help in the growth and repair of tissues.

• Chlorophyll helps in neutralizing the pollution that we breathe in and intake everyday - a good supplement for smokers.

• It efficiently delivers magnesium and helps the blood in carrying the much needed oxygen to all cells and tissues.

• It is also found to be useful in assimilating and chelating calcium and other heavy minerals.

• It had been seen to have a good potential in stimulating red blood cells to improve oxygen supply.

• Along with other vitamins such as A, C and E, chlorophyll has been seen to help neutralize free radicals that do damage to healthy cells.

• Chlorophyll is also an effective deodorizer to reduce bad breath, urine, fecal waste, and body odor.

• It may reduce the ability of carcinogens to bind with the DNA in different major organs in the body.

• Chlorophyll may be useful in treating calcium oxalate stone ailments.

• It possesses some anti-atherogenic activity as well.

• It can be used to treat infected wounds naturally.

• It has antimutagenic and anti-carcinogenic properties so that it may be helpful in protecting your body against toxins and in reducing drug side effects.

• These are only a few of the multitude benefits that chlorophyll can do to the body.

http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/chlorophyll-benefits.html


Hopefully, this can be a great jump start for a continual love of raw green foods after experiencing and feeling the benefits for some. If you are joining, join whenever you can, we don't all have to be on the same days. Wishing you lots of yummy health!

3 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Ok I got spinach today...They did not have kale..so I will go back to the store and get collard greens and maybe some mustard greens. I am a big salad eater and always use dark leafy greens for my salad that will not be a problem. I also have spirulina.

    I will be posting on my blog also. Life has been hectic. However, I will make an effort to make time for this. I will also post more of what I am eating because my friend LUna does so well she puts me to shame.

  2. ... said...

    Hmmmmmm.. I have been looking for that health "boost"... perhaps, I shall try this. See what it brings. I could actually lose a few pounds too! ;)

  3. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Yay!!!! Sherry I know you'll do great. I like to mix spirulina into watermelon juice (I don't juice the watermelon just blend it up since its basically all water anyway) but since watermelon is out of season I'll have to use orange juice or some other juice. But spirulina will be a major part of the challenge for me.

    Luna, I hope you join! It'll be fun!!!