Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wish Upon a Moon

Ever since I was a child, I've always said my prayers and sent my wishes up to the Moon as a sort of amplifier for it to reach God/dess. I can remember having to have the Moon in view in my window as I knelt down to say my prayers. If it wasn't in view, my prayers felt a little empty and weak. Looking back on what I know now, I think I instinctively knew the Moon meant more to my soul. I definitely think I have a past life connection that considered the Moon an important aspect of spirituality to have such a strong connection to it as a child.

Taken tonight. I'm very impressed that my little camera managed to get the details so nicely without any special lenses.

6 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Brian Baine said...

    Actually I thought you had just used an image from online of the moon. I wouldn't had thought the camera without any lens would take that. I think that makes up my mind to stick with Canon for the DSLR.

  2. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Also, I got skillz (yes with a Z).

  3. ~amber~ said...

    Beautiful picture!

  4. Anonymous said...

    I agree, very pretty picture! I can never steady my hand enough to take a awesome picture like that.

  5. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Thanks ladies!

    I don't have a steady hand either, that photo was one of only 2 that came out the clearest out of maybe like 10! The rest were all motion blurred from my hands moving too much. I have a tripod but it's a short one made for putting on top of tables. I need to buy a tall one.

  6. Anonymous said...

    I do not speak to the moon or send wishes like you do. However I do look for it every night and it is just a very calming influence for me. Your picture ROCKS! Yes you have skill(Z)!