Saturday, September 13, 2008

My New Besom

I've been waiting for years to find a besom (or witch's broom) that I really like and I think I have finally stumbled upon it. Meet my new besom!


One of the things a besom is used for is to cleanse and consecrate, a very important step in creating a sacred space. Though this particular artistic broom isn't meant for "housework", it will do just fine for my rituals. Anyone have any ideas of a cool name for it? I tend to name the things I use for rituals and this one seems to fit the bill as well. My Book of Shadows is named Sarah - a name that seems to have a mysterious connection with me concerning magic in a past life. But for the besom, I am looking for something a little more... cool?

I am leaning towards names like Twitch or Twilight.

3 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Jaspenelle Jovian said...

    (I thought that said Twig of Twilight for a moment...) Very pretty besom, I love the shape, do you know what woods it is made out of?

  2. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    If I add on a sir for "Sir Twig of Twilight", that makes a very cool name! Thanks!

    LOL, the only thing wood about this broom are the twigs! The handle is molded, made out of resin with a texture added on for the "look" of wood. It's a really nice job though.

  3. ~amber~ said...

    I think it is neat looking! I've never heard it called a besom; that's a new one to me. Learn something new every day.

    Sorry, I have no name ideas. I will say though, that the minute I saw it, it made me think of Harry Potter. :P

    I too thought it was made of wood; they did a good job on the resin.