Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Loving the Wii and Wii Fit

The Wii Fit if so neat! It's a great way to set fitness goals and visually keep track of how you are doing with graphs and test results. Silly me, it didn't even register in my head that the Balance Board weighs also! I think I associated all fitness games with Yourself Fitness and other fitness games where you have to weigh with your own scale and manually enter that information in each time. I feel like the Balance Board is magic! Ha!

I haven't done much at all of ALL that is available to do, but the hula hoop game really makes me sweat! I try my best to get as many spins in as possible and then all of a sudden, you are sweating! You get to make your own little character beforehand (to use with other games as well) and doing that is really fun and cute. Gavin made his character with a beard! I think because of that cartoon The Misadventures of Flapjack - because men with beards are the TRUE ADVENTURERS!

This is my "Mii", aren't I cute in the Wii World? And to the right is Gavin's "Mii" with his beard, funny!

So "cute" seems to be my word for the whole Wii thing though. The graphics are very kiddy with it being more of a kiddy system, but of course that is why we bought a Wii in the first place for Gavin. But for the more "beautiful" games that can be played in High Definition, if available on the PS3 we are definitely going that route. It just seems a shame to downgrade on the quality of how a game looks if you can see and play it in yummy HD.

But I love the whole cutesy thing, so Wii Fit is wonderful to me! Gavin enjoys the Wii Fit as well, today in all he racked up a whole hour worth of "working out". Somewhere in there, the game told him to take a break and to make sure he drinks enough water! Ha!

I'm off to rack up some more minutes in my Wii "Fit Bank"...

3 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    I love it! I want one. Those little people are so cute!

  2. ~amber~ said...

    The little people are so cute! Glad you are liking it so far; have fun playing with it.

    I think my kids would like it because of that 'cute' factor.

  3. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    I definitely recommend it!