Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Good Package Day

It was a nice surprise to see that my new ice cream maker had arrived before I even woke up to start my day off great! We made strawberry sherbert since I won't have any cashews until tomorrow to make a more creamy type of ice cream. It was delicious and so full of flavor, though Gavin is waiting on something "creamy". He'll have his creamy ice cream tomorrow (I'm looking forward to creamy too)!

click photos to enlarge

So I had ordered this Wolfgang Puck Ice Cream maker from HSN but had to cancel the order after I found it refurbished for way cheaper on Overstock.com and then Sherry gave me a discount code for even more savings. I'm glad I was able to cancel my HSN order! Speaking of HSN though, the lady I spoke to when taking my order was really nice and fun! She had to tell me that she loved my email address with the "Lunar Earth Mama" and come to find out she was Pagan. We talked about the misconceptions of Paganism with how Hollywood has warped the truth about a lovely earthy religion. It was very nice to hear someone talk about how much they love the Goddess.

So with the ice cream maker, I am so glad I don't have to wait for a freezer bowl to freeze overnight anymore. I can feed my sporadic ice cream cravings by having it soon afterwards without having to plan it out.

The other package that came today was my Dolls of the World: Princess of South Africa Barbie!

click photo to enlarge

I had tried to win her before on eBay but I gave up from getting outbid all the time and forgot all about her. It was only until the Carolina Mommas group talked about an article on a Barbie did I remember how I wanted this dark skinned one! Isn't she beautiful!? Her dark skin is gorgeous! I'm not even all that into Barbies but I had to get this one. I would really like that Secret Spells Barbie as well!

4 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Ohhh neat ice cream maker. That sounds so good!!

    Pretty doll also.

  2. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Thanks! I LOVE how I don't have to wait for a freezer bowl to freeze anymore. I actually had ordered it in black at first but Overstock only had the chrome, but I am glad I have the chrome now. Gavin's curious hands leave smudges on it but it's not hard to rub clean and keep shiny at all.

  3. JaVa said...

    Love the doll. She's pretty. cool blog by the way! Oh, and thanks for dropping a comment on my blog!

  4. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Thanks, Java! And you're welcome!