Friday, July 25, 2008

Blooming Flowers

Today I was surprised with beautiful blooms from one of the plants that my mother-in-law gave to me a few weeks ago. Beautiful Tiger Lilies!

What's not to love about stepping outside and seeing beautiful plant life? When you think about it and really take a close look, flowers are very peculiar and interesting. Here are a couple of the better shots I took of some and also a macro shot. I love macro photography. I think it has to be my favorite type of photo--getting up close and seeing what's really there, what we may be missing or too busy to care to take a deeper look for.

click photos to enlarge

5 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Those flowers are AMAZING!

  2. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Thanks!

  3. Anonymous said...

    Lillies are my favorite type of flower. I prefer calli lillies though; I don't know what it is about the beautiful white. But I need to branch out and start looking at flowers with more color in them becasue the pinkish red in your flower is gorgeous.

  4. Unknown said...

    Lovely flowers, and great photo of them. When summer comes my partner goes mad at me because it’s that time of the year where flowers have to be brought in the house to liven things up after the wintery months. Luckily he isn’t allergic to them that would be a nightmare! But he isn’t overly keen on them. Plus I get them online from Flowers Direct and as he works nights and I work days he has to be there to take them off the delivery person and does get a few funny looks! I think it’s nice though to have the odd vase or bouquet of flowers in bedrooms and living rooms, along with the wonderful smell they give off.

  5. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Gerald, I love bringing flowers inside as well, though I am still looking for that perfect vase to put on my dining room table. Actually I'm still looking for a whole dining theme for the table.