Friday, July 25, 2008

Gone Bananas!

Bananas have absolutely no reason to go bad. I know they are cheap and won't affect the pocketbook by much at all if they have to be thrown out but they are a great source of vitamin B6. Bananas are also a good source of fiber, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium. But best of all they allow for the best raw recipes like smoothies and ice cream!!! This was my setup last night while watching a movie:

click photo to enlarge

It makes chopping and packing the bananas for freezing less boring and allow for no excuse in storing those that will soon go bad (just do it while you're watching TV). Afterwards, I snacked on some cherries--they make the best movie food!

Isn't it irritating when you really need some bananas for a recipe, but they're either rotten or none in the house at all? Stock up and freeze!

Edited to add: WrenTwilight says, "Do not get so into the movie you cut off a finger!" :D

1 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    I know you posted that for me!! I totally deserve it!

    However you need to put a warning.

    Do not get so into the movie you cut off a finger!