Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Smoothies and Berries: Blended Goodness


One of my favorite smoothie flavors to make is banana-berry (shown above). It consists of bananas, mixed berries (blueberry, blackberry, strawberry and raspberry), lemon juice (for a zing), and agave nectar to sweeten. Smoothies are a great way to absorb more nutrients from your food since we tend not to chew our food properly and no chewing is needed with smoothies - the blender has done all the work!

Maybe I am lucky in that I just simply love eating berries but they are amazing superfoods with many health benefits such as preventing cancer and heart disease, keeping your eyes healthy, controlling your blood sugar and of course keeping you looking young - you can't go wrong.

I love being blessed with berries!

4 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Sherry said...

    I love smoothies and berries. That sounds like a great combination. I get most of my berries from the frozen food section because by the small tubs is beyond expensive.

  2. ~amber~ said...

    That looks and sounds really yummy! I've never made a smoothie at home, don't even own a thing to make it with. :( I usually go to a smoothie shop and have them do it.

  3. ... said...

    I love smoothies! For my sons 10th birthday, he didn't want cake, just for me to make him smoothies! lol... He is my little health nut!

  4. Lunar Earth Mama said...

    Sherry, berries ARE expensive! I do plan to start some berries in my yard when I can.

    Amber, if you ever get a blender, get a really good one or it will just cause you a lot of frustration. I have a Vitamix, which is expensive but that is only because a blender is one of my main appliances (I make soups and sauces, cheesecake batter etc with it), so I need the top of the line.

    Luna, your son was mighty impressive at 10!!! That's awesome!