Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fairest by Gail Carson Levine


I'm in love with the book Fairest, by Gail Carson Levine. I am loving reading it. I see now that I must read all the books she's written because her imaginative world is quite lovely. She wrote Ella Enchanted (which was made into a movie starring Anne Hathaway). Fairest is set in that same type of world.

Anyone else prefer to stumble upon books not knowing whatsoever what the book is about? I love total surprises. I remember the very first book I read like that, not knowing anything about the book and how much I loved what a complete adventure it was (The Eyes of the Dragon, by Stephen King). I think it's sort of sad to know what a fiction book is about - everything should be a discovery - it makes picking up the book and reading it all the more fun and exciting. Descriptions totally take away from that. Try it and see what you end up with! Pick up a book on total blind faith without even reading the back cover. Let EVERYTHING be a surprise.

The most recent movie I happened to not know anything about before watching it made for an amazing watch! It was No Country For Old Men. It was only because of Brian that I watched it, and wow, that movie was a total delicious shock.

1 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Oh, that book does look good! I'm going to get on Amazon and check them out too... I still need to get the Looking Glass Wars.. I think that's the name of them!!

    -Liz