Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In Carbonation Heaven!

Today I received my main birthday present from the hubby and son (I have to mention Gavin since he makes sure I know that he is included in who got the gift for me). I'm just now receiving my gift because the company was closed for the holidays and New Year inventory. Oh the things I have to deal with in having an early January birthday.

But all is well now because I now have in my hands a soda maker - a lovely beverage carbonator. I got the simple looking one but there are others available like the very sleek penguin styled one. We couldn't justify spending that extra money though, but it really does look nice. What I did do though is make sure I had those beautiful glass carafes that are made for the penguin one. I have 3 in all. You cannot use the glass carafes with the other models during the carbonation process but you can use them to pour your soda or seltzer water in for a more beautiful look. It feels and looks very sophisticated to store and pour from them. But it is good to know that the plastic ones that come with the basic model are BPA-free!



I must admit, I asked for the soda maker in high hopes of being able to make "raw sodas" and carbonated lemon green tea drinks like the expensive ones they sell in stores. You are only suppose to carbonate pure water and then add the flavorings afterwards but I attempted to carbonated a mixed berry juice and it turned out so good! You do have to watch and wait carefully though when carbonating to make sure the juice/foam doesn't expand and spill out. But omg, I made sparkling juice that was so bubbly and nice! I know I need to make sure the juice I'm using is pulp-free since carbonation goes smoothly with pure clear water.

I'm completely loving my new soda maker! I just love devices that help make eating healthier so not a big deal AT ALL whatsoever!

1 bite(s) of mango :

  1. Sherry said...

    Awesome!!

    I so want one!

    Keep us updated on what else you do with your soda maker!!